MOPNET: EPSRC Matrix and Operator Pencil Network
Meeting 2: Monday March 29th to Tuesday March 30th 2010
Meeting 2 took place in the Department of Mechanical Materials and Manufacturing Engineering at Nottingham University.
Speakers at Meeting 2
- Arieh Iserles, Cambridge;
- Heinz Langer, Vienna;
- D. Steven Mackey, Western Michigan University;
- Marco Marletta, Cardiff;
- Uwe Prells, Nottingham;
- Françoise Tisseur, Manchester;
- Joab Winkler, Sheffield;
- Ion Zaballa, Universidad del Pais Vasco.
Timetable and Slides
All talks took place in Room C25, Coates Building . Here is the full timetable. Links to the slides can be found below.
- Arieh Iserles, Cambridge; On the singular values of the Fox-Li operator.
- Heinz Langer, Vienna; Self-adjoint analytic operator functions: Local Spectral Function and Inner Linearization.
- D. Steven Mackey, Western Michigan University; Preserving Structure in Matrix Polynomials? Leave it to Smith.
- Marco Marletta, Cardiff; Differential operators with lambda-dependent boundary conditions.
- Uwe Prells, Nottingham; The class of isospectral systems.
- Yanfeng Su, Fudan University; Solving rational eigenvalue problems via linearization. (Contribution to open session.)
- Françoise Tisseur, Manchester; Classification of Hermitian Polynomials with Real Eigenvalues.
- Joab Winkler, Sheffield; Structured Matrix Methods for the Calculation of Roots of Inexact Polynomials.
- Ion Zaballa, Universidad del Pais Vasco. Filters Connecting Quadratic Systems.
Registration is obviously closed now!